This blog post was originally featured at TheSacredother.com
I the spirit of continued healing and expansion I’ve had the wonderful opportunity to once again offer healing for animals.
In the past I have worked with a Cesar’s Way specialist to help with dog anxiety, behavior, and healing, as well as the Best Friend Animal Network as a communicator at events.
Reiki is a a lovely form of energy healing that can be used on animals as well as humans. It is a gentle, non-invasive therapy that I believe can help to improve physical, emotional, and mental health.
My process is part petting and talking, part listening and hearing, laying of hands, and communicating with you the family member of the pet what I experience. Often times this is something you can work with, or may need to verify with a vet or medical specialist in the case of illness or conditions which you may be seeking Reiki for.
One of my favorite patience is a German Shepard who loves Reiki, so much he does a full hour of healing! He barks and cry’s from the car when he arrives, I can hear him from my office. Dog then lays quietly for the session, while we play relaxing music, and leaves relaxed and well treated for his chronic condition. Dog, is his name, comes once a week for ongoing therapies!
The benefits of reiki include:
- Reduced stress and anxiety: Reiki can help to calm and relax receptive animals, which can be helpful for those who are stressed or anxious. This can be especially helpful for animals who are going through a stressful event, such as a move, a new pet in the home, or a trip to the vet.
- Improved sleep: Reiki can help to improve sleep quality in animals. This can be helpful for animals who have trouble sleeping, such as those with anxiety or chronic pain.
- Increased energy levels: Reiki can help to increase energy levels in animals. This can be helpful for animals who are feeling tired or lethargic.
- Reduced pain: Sometimes Reiki can help to reduce pain in animals. by helping with stress associated with animals who are in pain due to an injury, illness, or surgery.
- Improved overall health: Reiki can help to improve overall health in animals. This can be helpful for animals who are looking to maintain their health or who are recovering from an illness or injury.
Reiki is a safe and effective therapy that can be used to improve the health and well-being of animals. If you are considering trying reiki for your pet, and are unsure of the healing qualities, many vets are up to speed with these therapies, or I’m happy to speak from my experience and answer any questions.
Reiki can be a wonderful way to help your pet feel better physically, emotionally, and mentally. If you are looking for a natural way to improve your pet’s health, consider trying reiki.
I’ve included Animal Reiki on the Energy page in roughly 30 minute sessions, it all depends on the temperament, needs, and receptivity of your furry companion.
A full list of my services are available at:
Scott K Smith
Links + Socials